Sleeping on a cloud in the heart of Amsterdam....
Amsterdam has a variety of restaurants. For a nice listing please check Restaurants of Amsterdam.
Below we provide you with a couple of dining places in the “Quartier” (around the corner) of your BED & Breakfast for your convenience and a fine Indonesian restaurant.
Local restaurants (See Local MAP)
1. De Italiaan – A trendy pizza place in ‘Le Quartier’ with deluxe pizza’s. Very cosy terrace, under the famous big trees of the Bosboom Toussaintstraat. See Web The best pizza in town (Dinner only) or try the Daily Pasta dish… BOOK: 020 683 68 54 ($$)
2. Pastis – French casual restaurant. Located on a French look-alike little square at the Bosboom Toussaintstraat (opposite the BOSCO restaurant), this pleasant cafe-restaurant serves great freshly prepared food in an informal ambiance. See web ($$)
3. Bosco – Contemporary local restaurant (great terrace) and all freshly prepared food. …an informal café-restaurant two minutes walk, on the corner of the BOSboom Toussaintstraat and the Eerste COnstantijn Huygensstraat. Great terras in the sun. See Web ($$)
4. Ciro Passami L’Olio – A cosy typical Italian restaurant around the corner (2 min). Excellent freshly prepared food and personal Italian service. They also have an outside little terrace. See Web– reservations required ($$$)
5. Thrill Grill – A variety of good burger (including vegetarian) in a trendy atmosphere ($$)
6. Kartika – This casual Indonesian restaurant around the corner is worth a visit. The Rice Tabel is a must, although the other dishes are mouthwatering as well ($$)
7. Gollem’s Proeflokaal – If you like to choose from 250 different beers… And has a simple Belgium cuisine (cheese fondu and Belgian stews) ($)
8. Umami – Oriental Bar & Kitchen, good food, smaal dishes, good choices. BOOK 020 - 280 13 79 ($$)
9. Soul to Soul - a French place run by the French! For bluesy drinks to funky food. Relaxed atmosphere ($$)
10. Seafood Bar – Do not leave Amsterdam without trying this one. Wide selection of fresh fish. If you like seafood, then this is the place to be! From 'King crab' to 'Fish and chips' with excellent wines... Make sure you reserve before going there, since they are always fully booked. We can help you with reservations. See Web and reservations required BOOK: 020 670 83 55 ($$$)
Local F&B shops (See Local MAP)
District – A
large selection of wines. They sell them even cooled…
B. Volemdammer Viswinkel – Do not leave Amsterdam without trying the ‘Haring’
C. Jumbo City – A supermarket around the corner with 'Food-to-Go"
D. Albert Heijn – The most spread out supermarket of Holland and open from 8AM-10PM
E. MacBike – Rent a bike for Euro 11,00 per day
F. Marqt – A supermarket where the local farmers bring their goods. Large Eco food selection
G. Lidl – A supermarket, where you they have a good selection of wines and fresh fruit & vegetables
Tempo Doeloe (25 minutes walk)
Make sure you have a reservation, we can help you with that. This superb Indonesian restaurant is always fully booked. If you want to try spicy dishes, it’s the place to be. Excellent service and a must when you visit Amsterdam! See Web ($$$$)